Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Amazing photos of Vietnam

Im totally in love and in awe of these amazing photos of Vietnam by David Terraza


His work reminds me of Philip Jones Griffiths
who is an old favourite photographer of mine. His war photography made me look at the world in a completely new way. 

However Terraza's work also reminds me why I am not a photographer today - firstly I do not enjoy the technical side of photography very much. Secondly any Jo can pick up an expensive camera (and anyone can buy an expensive camera these days) and take stunning photos with little or no thought of compsition, framing, cropping etc. And go on to win competitions and awards. It felt to me, after a year or so of considering photography as a career, that those who do well in photography are technitians rather than creative people. 

However, Terraza's work, while technical, is subtle and beautiful. Photos like these can change your life.

On another note, I am thinking of redesigning my website (again) to putting it up on either http://cargocollective.com/ (which costs a little bit of money) or http://www.exhibit-e.com/ (which is essentially free, but not so fancy and a bit more work)


No comments:

Post a Comment